Windows is now
this OS, for Operating System.
The PC hardware is not dead, the Hard disk is not dead, the screen is
not dead, just windows is dead, corrupted or infected.
I do not teach bit flipping ever, nor the million of ways to screw up
the windows registry. ( I take a pass on all that...) but I do
cover how to recover most HP PC's).
I did one page power modes (savers, dim screens, sleep,hibernate etc)
Given 2: Any boot CD works for sure you
booted to a Windows LIVE PE disks or a Linux (Ubuntu) live CD and the
PC runs like a charm, proving you HDD windows is corrupted. (all Techs have this disk set)
In newer HP PCs' all you do is power on (button) and hit F11 key quickly and do a
full OS restore/recovery, ending dead, with just 1 or 2 clicks. (as HP told
you online, this topic)
F11 hot key at power on, is HP recovery mode.
Windows is bad/dead when:
F11 is the most easy solution, works only if the HDD is good (tested here), and the F11 HP partitions are not slammed.
- You can't reach the login screen for windows. (lost the password is not windows dead)
- The login screen is there but is dead, or act oddly, or you
see login accounts missing there.
- You lost your password. (see below answers on that )
- The login works, but the desktop can not be reached.
- The Desktop shows up, but is DEAD, acts slow or does odd
things, or shows lies, or spam or any oddness, and is INFECTED.
- Windows Updates are dead, and can not be cured, this
is corruption of Windows.
- The A/V anti-virus software on your PC is dead, due
to gross infections, of the OS. (can't update it or scan your PC, its dead)
- The control panel in Windows is dead, it's infected. Same
with device manager dead, or the programs add removal pages in the
control panel are dead. (INFECTED)
- And vast other odd bad things seen in windows, the effects of corruptions are infinite.!
- Running XP or Vista, both are dead now with no support, the cure is upgrading the OS, if not up to that, then find the XP/Vista missing HP install media or use the F11 key. (ask HP yet.?) hit home, then hit HP help.
In call cases backup data..
IF F11 is dead (slammed) then get the kit.
Then go to HP.com and get your MEDIA KIT.
This means CD/DVD disks from HP or the USB stick installer.
It matches your PC exactly and works with one click , installs. HP will ask you for your service tag data, so they can deliver the correct disks.
Many PC will not operate correctly with W10 upgrade, ask HP is they support W10 first.
W10 can in fact fail due to missing drivers, and HP app's for
sure if fresh installed, you lose all HP apps, and some drivers,in many
cases.. Read the NEWS about the vast numbers for W10 upgrades that fail
There are other ways to cure corruption, but may take days to finish that. Time and skills, endless ...
One can run 7 different, standalone or portable, A/V scanning engines, so scan the hdd and correct infections
One can run elevated command prompt, SFC /scannow. to correct corruption , this can work.
If doing this , cleaning actions, it is best to move the infected HDD
to a external, HDD chassis USB and plug it in to another PC via USB
cable, and then clean it using AV engines, aplenty...
My favorite clean engine is ESET
This online scanner is very good.
As is free MALWAREBYTES:
Windows is about 17GBytes in size now (just /windows/, and
curing corruption there, is near impossible once infected. (ever play WACK-A-MOLE)
HP's magic F11 key is the cure, Do it now.
The reasons I like Windows 10 are?:
- It's vastly more secure!, if you run and use FREE O&O shutup10
- W10 has endless support, it has no EOL, end of life, date ! It's now Wx?
- It allows me to do a W10 to W10 upgrade, now called the magcial name INLINE UPGRADE, and keep all apps installed, that new feature to me is priceless. (thanks !)
- I see only one down side to W10, and is minor, forced
updates, either at shut down or startup. I force mine to at
startup and I am happy.
- Windows 10 does not have 350 updates to load like when you
Install W7 and takes days to complete.(if possible at all , gee ) (I
made a slip streamed W7 disk to cure that, yes a pain!)
- I think W10 now has the downloaded W10 (ISO FILE), with all
updates preloaded ending the above W7 like, horrors. Check this
great time saver out.!!!
- One thing missing in all Window, is a smart , update
engine, that shows, all updates, in a matrix, with status, as
some LINUX have. ( like updates install point failures and dependancy
10 ShutDown, now, for the first time ever, lets you discover in real
time,shut down errors super easy, that allows me to delete the
offending APP or get one that works right.
- If you don't like the start button, buy Start10. for $5.
- Microsoft Edge I hate, so use Firefox....version 56 or newer !.
W7 and newer, never run any old OS. (it is a Brave New World and
way more dangerous every day) XP is a 2001 OS, and is 17 years
old today. never ever run XP.
Why does XP stinks so bad (IMO), let me count the ways.
Vista is vastly better !(but not supported
version 1. 12-9-2017